Welcome to the home page of the 9th Asian Workshop on Symmetric Key Cryptography. This workshop will be held on three days at University of Hyogo, Kobe Campus for Information Science, Japan, starting on December 13th until December 15th, 2019. The workshop is collocated with ASIACRYPT 2019 that will be held just before ASK 2019 (the two events are very close, so you can use the same accomodation).
ASK has been held to promote research on symmetric-key cryptography in Asia since 2011. Broadly, the scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to:
- Primitive design: block ciphers, stream ciphers, hash functions, (cryptographic) permutations etc.
- Cryptanalysis of lightweight cryptography
- Design and analysis of mode of operation: (authenticated) encryption schemes, message authentication codes etc.
- (Post)-Quantum symmetric-key schemes.
- Implementation of symmetric-key schemes.
The program will contain mainly two parts: invited talks in the mornings, and group discussions in the afternoons. For group discussions, we plan to have several small groups, and for each group, we aim to gather researchers who are all interested in one specific topic. The goal of the group discussion is to advance the collaborations within the research community, and to find new results through discussions.
You can find previous ASK workshops here
The general co-chairs can be contacted by email at ask2019(at)googlegroups(dot)com
General & Program Chairs
- Takanori Isobe(University of Hyogo, Japan)
- Yu Sasaki(NTT Secure Platform Laboratories, Japan)